What makes Sound Innovations for Guitar different from other methods?
- Focuses on real-world guitar skills
- The included SI Player allows students to slow tracks down and loop them for practice, and to select “minus one” play-along tracks
- Video lessons on DVD explain and demonstrate all concepts and techniques
- Musically satisfying lessons focus on core guitar skills like strumming, pivotal rock and blues riffs, improvising, reading music, and applying music theory
- Starts on the Low E string
- Establishes better left-hand technique and position
- Promotes understanding of how patterns lie on the neck from the root note
- Introduces notes in a clear, musical alphabet sequence
- Allows students to begin playing fundamental bass-line type rock and blues patterns right away
- Written by Aaron Stang, Grammy winner, educator and author; and Bill Purse, Guitar Chair at Duquesne University, recording artist and author
Look for audio and video links throughout the catalog and listen to and watch excerpts from the book.