- Sound Innovations Author, Chris Bernotas, on the Importance of Warming Up Your Performing Ensemble
- SI Guitar Interactive Brochure
- Sneak Peak: Sound Innovations for Guitar
- Having a Thanksgiving concert?
- Intonation Police: The Never-Ending Challenge In Live Performance
- Helpful Tips on Flute Repair
- Parents Pay – 3 Things You Can Do to Help Your Students Purchase the Right Book
- Your Sound Innovations Ordering FAQs Answered
- Interview with Bob Phillips, Lead Author of SI for String Orchestra
- Sound Innovations for String Orchestra, Book 2 is Now Available in SmartMusic
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
What makes Sound Innovations for Guitar different from other methods? Focuses on real-world guitar skills The included SI Player allows students to slow tracks down and loop them for practice, and to select “minus one” play-along tracks Video lessons on … Continue reading
Having a Thanksgiving concert? Here’s a performance piece suggestion:
Music by J. Eric Schmidt
The theme and variation form is taken to new heights with the breathtaking new work from J. Eric Schmidt. The theme is presented brightly in the brass, and then proceeds with five variations. A recap of the material ends with a short and swirling coda. This new work will be the one every director is talking about this year!
If you perform on a musical instrument that has a fixed intonation (commonly piano, guitar, mallet percussion, and electronic instruments), you rarely have to concern yourself with intonation other than noticing that the fixed notation has shifted and needs to … Continue reading
1. Verify all your book and contact information is correct before placing your order. Since these books are custom-made for your class, we cannot accept any returns or exchanges once a purchase is made. Please double-check everything to make sure … Continue reading
We’re thrilled that many directors are utilizing the revolutionary new technology that lets you custom-make your own Sound Innovations Book 1 for Concert Band or String Orchestra! We have heard from many enthusiastic directors interested in or already using Sound … Continue reading
We had a wonderful chat with Bob Phillips, lead author of SI for String Orchestra! In addition to his role as the Director of String Publications for Alfred Music Publishing, Bob is also President-elect of the American String Teachers Association … Continue reading
It’s not too late to register for our FREE Sound Innovations webinar this week. Learn about the method, including our NEW Director’s Choice Edition customizable options, from Peter Boonshaft, Robert Sheldon, and Bob Phillips. Thursday, June 9. at 4-5 p.m. … Continue reading