- Sound Innovations Author, Chris Bernotas, on the Importance of Warming Up Your Performing Ensemble
- SI Guitar Interactive Brochure
- Sneak Peak: Sound Innovations for Guitar
- Having a Thanksgiving concert?
- Intonation Police: The Never-Ending Challenge In Live Performance
- Helpful Tips on Flute Repair
- Parents Pay – 3 Things You Can Do to Help Your Students Purchase the Right Book
- Your Sound Innovations Ordering FAQs Answered
- Interview with Bob Phillips, Lead Author of SI for String Orchestra
- Sound Innovations for String Orchestra, Book 2 is Now Available in SmartMusic
- Alfred turns 90 this year! See how our journey of helping the world experience the joy of making music began. 4wrd.it/A.Anniversary 1 year ago
- Follow @AlfredBandOrch for live updates from @MidwestClinic! 4wrd.it/A.MWBO #Midwest11 1 year ago
- RT @AlfredBandOrch Booth setup is going well! RT if you're excited about #Midwest11! twitpic.com/7shn1s 2 years ago
- Want to photocopy guilt-free? Endless music-related games and exercises to keep your kids busy. 4wrd.it/A.GEFAI 2 years ago
- Looking for a Grade 2 classical arrangement for your orchestra? Look no further! This Meyer arr. is a top-seller! 4wrd.it/A.RM 2 years ago
Monthly Archives: July 2010
Sneak Peek: One of SI’s innovative features is the instrument-specific Master Class DVDs included with each student book. These DVDs contain lessons from a professional musician or teacher, and can be referenced throughout the entire year, not just at the … Continue reading
Sneak Peek: Today, we’re highlighting the World Music genre – a music genre replaces approximately 20% of the songs in your Director’s Choice Edition. Genre choices include Christian, African-American, Classical, World Music, Texan Folk, Popular – Pop/Rock, and more. Click … Continue reading
Fun Facts: Bob Phillips, one of the Sound Innovations for String Orchestra authors, taught pubic school for 27 years. He was a rock and folk guitar player before studying classical bass. For more information about Bob or our other authors, … Continue reading
On the Road: Join Kirk Moss for an Orchestra Reading Session and SI Clinic sponsored by American Music Company in Kansas City, MO. Saturday, July 31, 2010 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Northland Cathedral 101 N.W. 99th Street Kansas City, … Continue reading
The Sound Innovations Teacher’s Score provides a number of helpful features for directors, including Sound Advice boxes throughout the book with tips from the authors on each exercise, and a complete set of student mp3 CDs and Master Class DVDs … Continue reading
Sneak Peek: With SI we’ve tried to include a large variety of music to educate and keep the interest of your students. Everything from video game music to traditional Jewish songs, from bluegrass to favorite television theme songs and more. … Continue reading
We hope you are finding the SI Beta site and blog useful. Our goal is to facilitate an open an honest dialogue with the teaching community in order to provide you with the best possible experience with SI. Unfortunately, we … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone who attended yesterday’s webinar on navigating alfred.com/soundinnovations, hosted by Bob and Pam Phillips. For those of you who could not attend or would like to view it again, you can view the webinar recording by clicking here.
Sneak Peek: One of SI’s innovative features is the instrument-specific Master Class DVD included with each student book. These DVDs contain lessons from a professional musician or teacher, and can be referenced throughout the entire year, not just at the … Continue reading
Fun Fact: Over 45,000 files were created for use in the Sound Innovations Standard Edition and the Director’s Choice Edition. This includes Finale, audio, and PDF files.
Sneak Peek: When creating your Director’s Choice Edition of Sound Innovations, you can swap out individual songs. But did you know you could choose an entire song genre? It replaces approximately 20% of the songs in your method with whatever … Continue reading
The SI team has been hard at work writing and proofing Book 2- here’s co-author Bob Phillips proofing pages.
One of SI’s innovative features is the instrument-specific Master Class DVDs included with each student book. These DVDs contain lessons from a professional musician or teacher, and can be referenced throughout the entire year, not just at the beginning of … Continue reading
Status Update: The Sound Innovations Beta website has been live for almost 1 week now! Teachers can now create and preview their method at alfred.com/soundinnovations. This is a great time to try out all of the variations before ordering, starting … Continue reading
Sneak Peek: Did you know Sound Innovations has a theme song? Here’s a sneak peek at two arrangements written to commemorate Sound Innovations, written by Robert Sheldon. Filled with tuneful melodies, soaring lines, and fast-paced technical flourishes, this work provides … Continue reading
Learn to navigate the Sound Innovations Director’s Choice website by attending our free webinar! This online clinic will guide you through the steps of creating your own customized method! Thursday, July 22, 2010 4 p.m. PDT/5 p.m. MDT/6 p.m. CDT/7 … Continue reading
Fun Fact: One of the authors of Sound Innovations for Concert Band, Dave Black, just celebrated his 25th anniversary of working at Alfred Music Publishing. Congrats, Dave! To learn more about Dave, go to alfred.com.
Revisit the Sound Innovations debut at the Midwest Band & Orchestra Clinic 2009.
“All I can say is THANK YOU!!! And thanks to Alfred. The student teachers and other teachers are pumped about Sound Innovations!! This is definitely the method book ‘we all wanted to write someday.’ Makes me want to go back … Continue reading